Statement of Faith
This page is a general overview of what we believe. For more information, download and view our full Statement of Faith here.
- In the King James Version of the Bible.
- That Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross as payment for our sins, and rose from the dead on the third day.
- That the only way a person can go to Heaven when he dies is to place his faith in the payment that Jesus Christ provided with His shed blood on the cross.
- That once a person is saved by putting his faith in Jesus, we are commanded to be baptized by immersion to show to others what took place when we trusted Christ; we do this in obedience, not to save us but to show that we have been saved.
- In participating in the Lord's Supper on a regular basis to remember the payment Jesus made for us and to express our love to Him for that payment. The Lord's Supper is not kept to take us to Heaven but to thank Jesus for His sacrifice. We believe that every man is accountable unto God for himself, and can go to God for himself.
The Bible Is What It Claims To Be: The Word Of God
We take instruction from the Bible literally; we believe what it is actually saying, not that it is an allegory or a fable. We take instruction from the Bible in the areas of life and faith and go to it for the answers to life. The Bible contains the answers to life's every need. In a day when opinion polls and media agendas steer our social conscience, we believe that we should first seek God's opinion on any subject before forming our own.
The Family Unit Should Be Strong And Healthy
The first institution God made on earth was the family. Programs in the church are geared to help build strong families. Coastline Baptist Church provides fellowship, friendship, and support services through our social activities. We are very protective of our childrenand ensure background checks of those working with a child are performed.
The Church Should Be The Moral Conscience Of A Community
God created civil governments, therefore we work hard to cooperate with and work together with our elected officials and civil servants.
The Only Requirements For Church Membership Are Salvation And Baptism By Immersion
Those who are saved and baptized at Coastline Baptist Church or a church of like faith may request membership. Persons wishing to join from a church other than a Baptist church must give testimony of their salvation and their immersion baptism and thereby join by Christian experience.
It Is Our Responsibility, As Outlined In The Bible, To Spread The Gospel To Our Area, Nation, And World
Mark 16:15, “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Matthew 28:19-20, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Christians Should Talk, Behave, Live, And Dress Like A Citizen Of Heaven
The basis for these beliefs is found in the Bible. We stand firm in our traditional beliefs in many areas, including music, social issues, dress, and behavior.
A Church Should Be Filled, Not With Spectators, But Participants
A church should be described as a spiritual hospital where people come for spiritual healing, not a spiritual museum for the “Saints” to be displayed.
God's Business Is The Greatest Business In The World
We are honored to be a part of God's business in His church. We are careful stewards of God's money, and we make available an income and expense report that is generated each month. We strive to be honest and respectable in all areas of administration.